Yesterday, we brought you news that El Rushbo himself, Rush Limbaugh, has confirmed his interest in buying the NFL's St. Louis Rams:
Almost six years to the day after radio host Rush Limbaugh resigned in disgrace from his brand-spanking new gig on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown for, as CNN reported at the time, "his statement that Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed," El Rushbo confirmed today that he's interested in buying the St. Louis Rams.
This could get interesting. According to an OpenSecrets.org review of Federal campaign contributions between 1989-2009, the Rams are the bluest team in the NFL giving 98% of its contributions to Democrats. (H/T to S.L.)
Now, Michael Roston over at True/Slant now brings us, "Limbaugh's 10 awesomest terriblest remarks about pro football that I found while watching the Steelers beat the Chargers on Sunday night."
01. Rush compared black football players on the field to fighting gang members.
02. Rush can't let go of his enmity with McNabb and the Eagles.
03. Limbaugh thinks Michael Vick's dog murder is funny.
04. Rush will surely attract scores of female fans to the Edward Jones Dome.
05. Rush will help promote the NFL's youth health initiatives.
06. Rush has a strong knowledge of sports gambling.
07. Rush will not welcome liberals at Edward Jones Dome.
09. Rush is ready to liquidate a couple of NFL teams.
10. Rush has compared other football owners to rapists.
Be sure to head over to True/Slant and read the details behind each of the top ten hits. It's insanely, ummm humorous? Depressing?