GLAAD contacting Factor sponsors following O'Reilly's mocking of gay-inclusive ad
Blog ››› ››› KARL FRISCH
Now GLAAD is following up the action campaign by contacting O'Reilly's sponsors and asking that they explain their support for Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:
Today GLAAD released a list of advertisers that supported the June 2 broadcast of Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor." During that broadcast, host Bill O'Reilly likened gay people to the international terrorist organization, al Qaeda.
Today we are contacting the 35 companies that advertised during the broadcast to ask how they justify supporting this type of defamation.
Please see a complete list of advertisers below. GLAAD will keep you updated on any responses we receive.
- Farmers Insurance Group
- Broadview Security
- Atlantis Resort
- Infinity (NISSAN),
- Amway Global
- Accu-Chek Aviva (ROCHE)
- Carbonite (CarboniteTV.com)
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Smart Balance Milk
- Pulaski & Middleman LLC
- Foundation for a Better Life
- Merit Financial
- Lending Tree
- Holiday Inn
- Skip Gambert & Associates
- Peachtree Settlement
- T. Rowe Price
- Dr. Scholls
- Jack Victor
- Factor producer calls controversy over O'Reilly mocking gay-inclusive McDonald's ad "silly"
- GLAAD Launches Action Calling on O'Reilly and Fox to "Apologize for Comparing Gay People to al-Qaeda"
- Statement from McDonald's on gay-inclusive ad O'Reilly mocked
- EXCLUSIVE: LGBT groups hit O'Reilly for "equating gays" with "terrorists"
- During discussion of gay-themed McDonald's ad, O'Reilly asks: "Do they have an al-Qaeda ad?"