Fox News doesn't question Napolitano about his 9-11 conspiracy views

Blog ››› ››› ERIC HANANOKI

If Fox News has a problem with Andrew Napolitano and his belief that the government lied about the attacks on September 11, it's not currently raising it on-air.

Last week, Napolitano told 9-11 conspiracy theory leader and friend Alex Jones that it's "hard for me to believe that" World Trade Center Building 7 "came down by itself" -- a central tenet of 9-11 conspiracy theories -- and claimed that "twenty years from now, people will look at 9-11 the way we look at the assassination of JFK today. It couldn't possibly have been done the way the government told us."

Napolitano appeared on Studio B this afternoon, and host Shepard Smith -- who in the past has condemned extremism -- did not question him about his controversial comments. The roughly six minute segment was devoted to Wikileaks.

As Media Matters has documented, Fox News has repeatedly raised the alarm over (non-Fox employed) people connected to 9-11 conspiracy theories. Naturally, then, one question going into the Thanksgiving weekend was how Fox News would react to the news that its business channel host, go-to Glenn Beck guest-host, and "senior legal analyst" buys into conspiracy theories about the September 11 attacks.

So far, the on-air reaction has been silence.

The video of Napolitano's Studio B segment:

Network/Outlet
Fox News Channel
Person
Andrew Napolitano, Shepard Smith
We've changed our commenting system to Disqus.
Instructions for signing up and claiming your comment history are located here.
Updated rules for commenting are here.