David Horowitz appeared on Fox News' Your World to complain about a grant given by the National Endowment for the Humanities to the University of Massachusetts-Boston's Center for Civil Discourse to hold a forum on Civility and American Democracy. During the segment, Horowitz called on University of Massachusetts administrators to "expel or suspend students that ... go around screaming racist, homophobe, Islamophobe to anybody who disagrees with them in the speech."
While speakers invited to a campus should be allowed to give their views, it's a bit unreal for Horowitz to attack his opponents for being uncivil.
Here is how Horowitz treats people who disagree with him:
- David Horowitz Calls Fellow Sean Hannity Show Guest "A Traitor To The Jews" And "A Nazi"
- Horowitz: Professors "are recruiting for radical parties, terrorist supporting parties, no question"
- Beck guest Horowitz: Andy Stern is a "Leninist"; teachers unions, SEIU, AFSCME are "communist unions"
- Beck decries calling people racists; Horowitz says Carter an "anti-Semite," blacks "the human shields of the Democratic Party"
- Horowitz: Democrats are "apologists for terrorists," "leftists now support Hezbollah"
- Horowitz: "Cornel West is a black airhead"
- Horowitz: "There are 50,000 professors ... [who] identify with the terrorists"
And why would anyone shout "Islamophobe" at someone like Horowitz? Just a couple of examples should suffice: