Dick Morris' Prediction That Trump Would Run Proves Again That He's A Terrible Political Forecaster
Dick Morris was on Hannity this evening to discuss the Republicans' chances in the 2012 presidential election. Unsurprisingly, given his hatred of President Obama, Morris claimed that several of the potential Republican nominees could beat Obama. But Morris has repeatedly proved that people should completely ignore his political prognostications.
Until recently, Morris had been boosting Donald Trump's  chances . For instance, Morris stated  that he takes Donald Trump "very seriously." He went on to predict that Trump is "going to run," that "he's got a good shot at the nomination," and that "he could beat Obama" in the 2012 presidential election.
Now that that prediction has been proven completely wrong , Morris has moved on to other candidates who "can beat Obama." On Hannity, Morris started talking up Mitt Romney, Mitch Daniels, Michele Bachmann, and Newt Gingrich as candidates who "could beat Obama" if they win the candidacy. Unmentioned, of course, was that his prognostication about Trump turned out to be wildly off base.
As a reminder, here is a sampling of Morris' previous incorrect political predictions:
- Morris predicts a "government shutdown" 
- Latest Morris prediction: GOP could pick up 13 Senate seats, including in CT 
- Infamous prognosticator Dick Morris predicts GOP wins both houses, convenes an "impeachment panel" over purported bribery 
- Another Morris prediction: "I believe the Republicans will win the House and the Senate" in 2010 
- Morris' crystal ball: "Socialist" Obama "going to be at 30 percent [approval] in a year" 
- Kirsten Gillibrand was in electoral peril in 2010 
- With a wildly off-base prediction record, Morris said Hillary Clinton "might have some trouble ... getting re-elected senator from New York" 
- Rick Lazio would beat Hillary Clinton in 2000 
- Morris' final predicted 2008 electoral map, released on October 27, 2008, Morris labeled Arkansas "lean Obama"