O'Reilly Criticizes "The Demagogues On The Right" Who Took Issue With His Bible Thumper Comments
To Whom Might He Be Referring?
Bill O'Reilly blasted the "demagogues on the right" who have criticized him for saying opponents of marriage equality haven't "been able to do anything but thump the Bible."
After Fox News host Megyn Kelly agreed with O'Reilly that the Supreme Court wouldn't give credence to religious arguments in the fight over same-sex marriage, O'Reilly asked, "so if you know that and I know that, and I would say 75 percent of The Factor viewers know that, the other 25 percent that were upset and wanted to be upset over this comment, and then the demagogues on the right primarily who threw it back at me, why do they do that?"
He went on to say that "the right - some people, they don't want a non-ideological guy assuming this kind of power," referring to himself.
For the last few days, O'Reilly has traded jabs with Rush Limbaugh  and Laura Ingraham  over his March 26 comment  that anti-marriage equality advocates haven't "been able to do anything but thump the Bible" as gay rights have advanced around the country.
For a recap of the brewing feud over O'Reilly's description of opponents to marriage equality as "Bible thumpers," click here .