The world according to Coulter
In anticipation of the October 5 release of right-wing pundit Ann Coulter's new book, How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must): The World According to Ann Coulter , Media Matters for America paid a visit to the world according to Coulter.
Coulterisms, starting with the most recent
- October 2004: Two days after the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, Coulter wrote  about Muslims: "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." She was fired  from the right-wing National Review Online in late 2001 for this comment. Since then, she has not changed her position: In her new book, How to Talk to a Liberal, she wrote: "I am often asked if I still think we should invade their [Muslim] countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more than ever !"
Following are some more quotations from Coulter's How to Talk to a Liberal:
Teddy Kennedy crawls out of Boston Harbor with a quart of Scotch in one pocket and a pair of pantyhose in the other, and Democrats hail him as their party's spiritual leader.
Want to make liberals angry? Defend the United States.
Some of Coulter's past insights:
- September 28 : On Senator Orrin Hatch's (R-UT) claim  that terrorists "are going to throw everything they can between now and the election to try and elect Kerry": "I think it's true [that terrorists want Kerry to win]. Democrats are not particularly harsh with our enemies."
- September 23 : On an uptick in President George W. Bush's standing among women polled  "I'm so pleased with my gender. We're not that bright."
- September 7 : On a John Kerry presidency: "I will grant that John Kerry will improve the economy in the emergency services and body bag industry."
- August 16 : On Al Qaeda's terror attacks: "I'm not blaming the Democrats for 9-11 alone. I'm blaming them also for the Cole bombing, for the embassy bombings, for 20 years of attacks that have not been stopped."
- June 23 : On opposition to Bush:
ALAN COLMES (FOX News Channel Hannity & Colmes co-host): Are all the American people that don't support him [President George W. Bush] dumb?
COULTER: No. I think, as I indicated in my last book, they're traitors.
- May 26 : On Kerry and former Vice President Al Gore: "The question I really want to know is when they [Democrats] will admit that their current presidential candidate [Kerry] is as crazy as their last presidential candidate [Gore] was?"
- April 28 : On racial profiling and air travel:
Like many of you, I carefully reviewed the lawsuits against the airlines in order to determine which airlines had engaged in the most egregious discrimination, so I could fly only that airline. But oddly, rather than bragging about the charges, the airlines heatedly denied discriminating against Middle Eastern passengers. What a wasted marketing opportunity! Imagine the great slogans the airlines could use:
"Now Frisking All Arabs -- Twice!"
"More Civil-Rights Lawsuits Brought by Arabs Than Any Other Airline!"
"The Friendly Skies -- Unless You're an Arab"
"You Are Now Free to Move About the Cabin -- Not So Fast, Mohammed!"
If John Kerry would promise to fire Norman Mineta and start racial profiling at the airports, I would campaign for him. Unfortunately, like George Bush, Kerry doesn't travel commercial air with the little people.
- February 11 : On former Senator Max Cleland (D-GA): "Luckily for Cleland's political career and current pomposity about Bush, he happened to do it [lose an arm and both legs] while in Vietnam."
- August 26, 2002 : On Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh: "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
Coulter's new book is published by Crown Forum , the Random House imprint that also publishes  "Tammy Bruce, Kenneth Timmerman, the writers at NewsMax.com, and more." Other Crown Forum authors include Bill Gertz , Michael Barone , and L. Brent Bozell III .