Posts on conservative website advocate violence against journalist
The discussion board at FreeRepublic.com, a prominent right-wing online forum, contains numerous posts from members advocating violence against NBC News correspondent Kevin Sites , who recorded and reported the close-range shooting by a U.S. Marine of an unarmed and wounded Iraqi insurgent.
Comments  about Sites on Free Republic include:
- "Turn Sites over to the terrorist."
- "No need for anything overt. Unfortunate things happen in combat zones, and if the reporter fails to hear someone yell 'Sniper!!', well, c'est la guerre" [French for "that is war"].
- [In response to a post suggesting Sites's "life is in danger being around the Marines"]: "I would certainly hope so."
- "I hope the Marines advance and leave Sites behind...alone in Fallujah with his terrorist buddies."
- "I don't want the punk killed, I'd just like to see his hair mussed. Jaws wired shut for a few months, food through a straw, that kind of thing."
- "It's Kevin Sites who deserves to be held in contempt and who deserves the losing end of a bar fight."
- "I don't give a flying you-know-what about his safety."