The first 100 days of the Obama administration are coming to a close, and there has certainly been no shortage of unhinged and outrageous media moments.
From Rush Limbaugh saying that "we are being told to bend over and grab the ankles ... because his father is black," to Glenn Beck imitating President Obama pouring gasoline on an "average American," conservatives in the media have wasted no time in stoking a culture of paranoia with extreme, vitriolic, and often irresponsible rhetoric.
Now it's your turn to weigh in. Check out this video of the most outrageous media moments from the first 100 days, and then vote for which you think is the worst:
In addition to the examples referenced above, candidates for the Worst Media Moment also include:
- CNBC's Larry Kudlow complaining about Obama and Chavez's "Boyz N The Hood handshake"
- Reporting on tea parties, Fox Business' Cody Willard asked: "Guys, when are we going to wake up and start fighting the fascism that seems to be permeating this country?"
- Fox's Dick Morris declaring that the "crazies" who "say 'We're going to kill ATF agents because the U.N.'s going to take over' … [are] beginning to have a case"
Instead of focusing on substantive policy discussions, media figures have all too often launched relentless political attacks, and bypassed legitimate reporting and commentary in favor of demagoguery. You can help us bring attention to this troubling pattern by watching our video and participating in our poll.
We will announce the results here on County Fair next Wednesday, April 29, so please make your voice heard today!
- Fox News Channel, MSNBC, CNN
- Rush Limbaugh, Dick Morris, Glenn Beck, Pat Buchanan, Jim Cramer, Rick Santelli, Larry Kudlow, Cody Willard
- The Rush Limbaugh Show, Glenn Beck Program, Kudlow & Company, Bulls & Bears, Mad Money
- Attacks on Barack Obama, Propaganda/Noise Machine