Coulter and Beck aren't anti-gay enough for fringe American Family Association
Blog ››› ››› KARL FRISCH
This is just too funny.
Apparently right-wing pundit Ann Coulter and Fox News host Glenn Beck aren't sufficiently anti-gay for the fringe American Family Association (AFA).
In a blog post titled "Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck go AWOL in the culture war" the AFA's Bryan Fischer makes the case:
Count Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck as the latest deserters in the culture war and in the battle for sexual normalcy. They have flinched at "precisely that little point which the world and the devil....are attacking," and so have forfeited the right to consider themselves any longer culture warriors.
Ann Coulter is the headliner at "Homocon 2010," a September 25 gathering of so-called gay "conservatives." And Glenn Beck has folded his hand and cashed in his chips on the issue of gay marriage. Even Rush Limbaugh, who supports counterfeit same-sex marriages in the form of civil unions, won't go that far.
Coulter justifies her Benedict Arnold impersonation by saying she speaks all the time in hostile environments, such as Harvard. Okay, Ann, how exactly is this a hostile environment? You're being welcomed as a heroine, as the Joan of Arc of homosexuality, literally the poster child for "Homocon 2010." You are the goddess of gayness for the moment.
Glenn Beck has completely and shamelessly surrendered on the issue of gay marriage, and did so on Bill O'Reilly's program, only the most watched cable news program in all TV land.
Beck said "we have bigger fish to fry" than protecting natural marriage, which, outside of being the bedrock and foundation of any healthy society and the cornerstone of Western civilization, is apparently not that important to Mr. Beck. He's done this even though the members of his church, the Mormon church, were willing to endure the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune to defend natural marriage in California.
You can retract your surrender at your "Divine Destiny" event at the Kennedy Center on August 27. If you do, all is forgiven.
Coulter has also earned the wrath of World Net Daily for agreeing to appear at GOProud's Homocon -- a gathering of gay Republicans promoting Coulter as "the right wing Judy Garland." The right-wing outlet canceled Coulter's keynote address at an upcoming Miami conference.
As I noted when news broke about Coulter headlining Homocon, the right-wing pundit is notoriously anti-gay.
The same goes for Glenn Beck -- he has a long history of anti-gay commentary and has been extremely hostile to marriage equality.
Maybe Coulter and Beck aren't sufficiently nutty for the AFA's Fischer
hard to believe, I know. The AFA, after all, thinks too many Indian-Americans are winning spelling bees and wants to deport all Muslims.
After the jump, check out some research on the AFA from Political Correction, Media Matters' partner organization.
- American Family Association: No More Mosques, Period
- American Family Association: No Immigration Reform For Catholics
- American Family Association: "Gay Sex = Domestic Terrorism"
- American Family Association: Indian-Americans Win Too Many Spelling Bees
- AFA's Bryan Fischer Breaks A Commandment & Steals From The Washington Times
- Huh? American Family Association Says The Military Is Run By "Fundamentalist Muslims And Homosexual Activists"
- AFA Says 'No' To Gay SCOTUS Nominee Because Homosexuality Used To Be Illegal
- American Family Association: Muslims Can Stay In The U.S. If They Accept Christ
- American Family Association: Deport All Muslims
- American Family Association Suggests Canaanite-Like Cleansing Of Muslims
- American Family Association: Non-Christians Need Not Apply
- American Family Association: No More Muslims In The Military
- Beck turns a new leaf on same-sex marriage, but what about his past comments?
- Homophobe Ann Coulter -- "the right wing Judy Garland" -- to headline party for gay GOP group