In more than two years on Fox News, Glenn Beck inundated his viewers with violent, inflammatory rhetoric. Media Matters presents a selection of his worst offenses.
5. Beck Accused The Obama Administration Of Provoking Conservatives Into Violence. Following the passage of the health care reform bill, Beck suggested that the government was "poking and prodding" the "crazy teabaggers" in order to incite them to violence:
They need you to be violent. They are begging for it. You are being set up. Do not give them what they want. [Fox News, Glenn Beck, 3/24/10]
4. Beck: "The Revolution Of 1776 Was A Picnic Compared To What The Revolutionaries Of Today Would Like To Do ... Usually, Millions Of People Die." While discussing "radicals" he said were being used by the Democrats, Beck said:
The revolution of 1776 was a picnic compared to what the revolutionaries of today would like to do. It's not a lot of fun. Usually, millions of people die. But I'm glad to see our politicians will co-opt those people so they can have power. Fundamental transformation, it's what America is going through right now. [Fox News, Glenn Beck, 6/9/10]
3. Beck Suggested The Obama Administration Might Kill "10 Percent" Of The Population.
[Fox News, Glenn Beck, 6/10/10]
2. Beck Imitated President Obama Pouring Gasoline On The "Average American" And Asked "President Obama, Why Don't You Just Set Us On Fire?" From the April 9, 2009, edition of Glenn Beck:
[Fox News, Glenn Beck, 4/9/09]
1. Beck Suggested The Obama Administration May Kill Him. On his Fox News program, Beck said: "For those of you in the administration, who are coming after me ... remember, you've broken three [of the 10 Commandments]. Let's not make it four: thou shalt not kill." [Fox News, Glenn Beck, 3/23/10]