FoxPAC: Dem govs' org asks for Fox News disclaimer following $1 million GOP donation by parent company
Blog ››› ››› KARL FRISCH
Last night on MSNBC's Ed Show, Democratic Governors' Association executive director Nathan Daschle discussed the $1 million donation given to the Republican Governors' Association by News Corp. -- Fox News' parent company -- saying the right-wing network was, "literally the mouthpiece of the Republican Party." He also discussed his numerous failed attempts to appear on the outlet and discuss the issue:
Now Daschle is calling on Fox News to display a disclaimer whenever it discusses governors or 2010 gubernatorial races. As Politico's Ben Smith notes:
Democratic Governors Association Executive Director Nathan Daschle writes Fox News chief Roger Ailes with a challenge:
In the interest of some fairness and balance, I request that you add a formal disclaimer to your news coverage any time any of your programs cover governors or gubernatorial races between now and Election Day. I suggest that the disclaimer say: "News Corp., parent company of Fox News, provided $1 million to defeat Democratic governors in November." If you do not add a disclaimer, I request that you and your staff members on the "fair and balanced" side of the network demand that the contribution be returned.
- DGA executive director: News Corp. donation to RGA "a gross violation of the whole notion of an independent media"
- Fox News silent on News Corp.'s huge donation to GOP
- Colbert on News Corp. donation to the RGA: "They put a ring on it"
- Did News Corp.'s RGA donation violate company policy?
- FoxPAC: Fox News' corporate parent gave Republican Governors Association $1 million